One of my best friends gave me a TON of lemons and as with all good lemon recipes, I added a bunch of sugar. You'll want to share this treat with your friends and neighbors because if you're anything like me, I love a good marmalade!
- 2 pounds of freshly washed lemons (scrub them)
- 6 cups granulated sugar
- 6 cups of water
- Candy Thermometer
- Cut the ends off of your lemons
- Cut your lemons in half (lengthwise from end to end)
- Slice thin wedges
- Use a bottom heavy pot (or a medium pot)
- Place sliced lemons and water in the pot and boil until the lemons are soft (not chewy)
- Add sugar and continue to cook until it reaches 218-220° (make sure that the thermometer isn't touching the bottom of the pot)
Pour or ladle into sterilized jars (allowing to cool and seal).
Enjoy this sticky, gooey treat!