I was interested in learning how to make oat flour, and this was my introduction!
This sweet treat isn't the cake-like banana bread that you're used to. It has texture from the steel cut oats, and it isn't overly sweet, BUT has a great banana & chocolate classic flavor, and is moist like a traditional banana bread. A unexpected benefit is that it's gluten free but you wouldn't think it if you tasted it. Enjoy!
- 3 Bananas
- 2 Large eggs
- 2 Cups oats (steel cut or rolled)
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips or chunks or whatever you like
- Preheat oven to 350
- Combine the dry ingredients into a food processor until it's like flour
- This step takes a while when using steel cut oats vs. rolled oats.
- If using steel cut, you will get a 'grainy' texture if you don't process it fully. But, if you ask me, I like that texture.
- Combine the bananas and wet ingredients in a mixer until combined
- I like to break up the banana in chunks before mixing
- Mix the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients
- Add the chocolate chips
- Bake 30-40 minutes until done