The first B A D A S S member of the Ace & Spade Co. Femme Inspired Collection is Marie Curie.
Let's start with achievements:
- Married someone just as brilliant as her
- Discovered Polonium (alongside her husband, Pierre)
- Discovered Radium (alongside her husband, Pierre)
- FIRST woman to win a Nobel Prize
- FIRST PERSON to win TWO Nobel Prizes
- Created "Little Curies" - mobile xray units (used in WWI)
Died in 1934 of Aplastic Anemia - believed to be brought on by years of exposure to radiation.
“I believe that science has great beauty. A scientist in his laboratory is not a mere technician; he is also a child confronting natural phenomena that impress him as though they were fairy tales.”
"Nothing in life is to be feared, it is only to be understood. Now is the time to understand more, so that we may fear less."
P.S., Marie and Pierre Curie had a daughter, Irene that also won a Nobel Prize. They also had a second daughter who wrote biographies about their mother.